Cards made for commissions

As most cardmakers would love to do, I make a card (or two) almost every day, and I do this because I love to create.  However, the down side of this is that I have lots of cards sitting in a box, which I would love to find a home for, and in order to get them out in circulation, I am trying my hand at a market stall.  Last weekend, I held my first stall (not counting one other market which was totally unsuitable) and was thrilled to sell 20 of my cards to appreciative customers.  So I will continue with this for a little while, to see if I can develop a market base.  In addition to this, I am taking orders from friends, who love to be able to give a card that has been specially made for the recipient.  I am thrilled to take on these orders, as they stretch my creativity and challenge me in unexpected ways.  This post will show some of my latest orders, and you will see that the range is extensive - from unborn babies to 80 year-olds!
 This card is for a young lady who aspires to owning a car!  The image is a digi stamp from DSB
 A card for a 14 year-old girl - the stars were cut with a die by Sweet n' Sassy stamps.
 Obviously for a 40 year-old keen fisherman!  Another digi image - this one from Sue McMahon.
 This image is a stamp, but I don't know who made it - I coloured it with Copics, and added liquid pearls to the floral oval by Spellbinders.

I just love this elephant stamp by Woodware - it lends itself so well to paper piecing, which is a lot of fun!
For an 18 year-old young lady, just starting out on her career path - the digi image is by Digistamps4joy - a South African company who have some very interesting images.  For this card, I was able to upscale some cheap embellishments, ie the chipboard numeral, and a rather tawdry bronze look key, by heat embossing them with silver ep.  I'm very happy with the result and so was the customer/friend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words, words and more words ...

Wonderful News

Something Shiny