Happy New Year to you all - for 2013 I wish you health, happiness and prosperity and the company of those you love.
I have started this year exploring the possibilities of Faber Castell's Gelatos - a creamy pastel-type colouring medium which blends easily with the addition of a light spritz of water.  I first saw these demonstrated on Darlene's blog - http://darlenedesign.com/wordpress/?p=3580   and fell in love with them.  I bought packs of pink tones, blue tones and gold and silver metallic gelatos whilst in the US in November, but have only just found the time to play with them.  Christmas can be so time-consuming!  So today, I would like to show you what I have been doing with them, with sincere thanks to Darlene for her wonderful tutorials.  So far, I have concentrated on using them as background colour, and the first two cards show the grid background stamp, which has been heat embossed in white or black, then coloured with the pink shades of gelatos.  The love birds are die cut from card that has been embossed and coloured with silver and gold gelatos and the 3 hearts are from card coloured with the gelatos and then covered with glossy accents.  This is quite a 'shiny' card in reality.




 


The next two cards show the background stamp by Hero Arts, called Flowers and Vines and another technique Darlene has featured, the split card, whereby it has the illusion of being 3 layers when it is actually one, with 3 sections matted separately.  I also made little bookmarks, for my grand-daughters.





In the next two, I have used a music sheet background,  and a favourite image - butterflies.  I love how these turned out, especially the quote on the Sweet n' Sassy decorative plaque die!

















Finally, I am using the metallic gold and silver gelatos over a script background stamp.  I roughly made the shape of a heart in the colouring, which I then highlighted with some rhinestones.  That's all for now - hope you like them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words, words and more words ...

Wonderful News

Scrapbook Boutique July blog hop and challenge