Those Christmas cards I have been making - are you ready for them?  I have produced quite a number of different styles, so today I will show you some of them, and if time permits, I will publish more in the days to come.  This first group are in non-traditional colours, but still very traditional images.  In the first card, I have used a tree stamp, and then covered the middle tree with a tree cut from Kaisercraft designer paper, 'Silly Season Collection' - a perfect fit!

 The reindeer card uses another tree from the same designer paper, plus a reindeer die cut, snowflake die cut and scalloped edge.  The background is embossed with a snowflake pattern.





This next card is in purple colour tones, with a very sweet stamp of santa and his sleigh, coloured with Copics.


 I love this next card, for its simplicity and clean lines.  I CASED the design from Andrea Walford, of Papercrafters Library, but unfortunately I did not have any of her products, as she uses Stampin 'up - but the effect is similar.


This ornament card is very simple and needs very few products to make.  I downloaded a free template of the ornament shapes, and cut them out by hand from embossed paper, which I had coloured with Distress Inks.  Then I just had to adhere them onto designer paper and add the sentiment and a few gems.


 The next two cards are from my Australian makes - ie. Christmas cards to send to family and friends overseas, with a typically Australian feel.  I stamped the image (which is a rubber stamp by Stamp-It called Gumnut Brush) with Stazon olive green, and added the red flower soft for the flowering gum.  I mounted the first white card image on dark green, then on a lighter green houndstooth designer paper, and that was partly mounted on a red and gold designer paper depicting gum leaves.  The second card has a trim of red and green fibres which I think looks interesting, and striped paper rather than the gum leaf paper.  So I returned to the traditional Christmas colours of red and green, but with a distinct Aussie flavour.


The following two cards use a digital image of the word JOY I downloaded from Gina K designs.  Two very different looks from the same image - the possibilities are endless for this one!  I coloured the letters with water-based markers as there was no need to blend colours.

This mauve and green card uses the Flowering Christmas tree die from Memory Box - it was cut from lime green glitter paper, adhered to white shimmer card, mounted with a small border of green glitter and adhered to the mauve designer paper on a white card.  This tree is just beautiful, and always looks elegant.


These two reindeer stamped cards use a flourishing image, and various mounts on bright designer paper.  I'm not sure of the origin of the first reindeer, but the second was a gift in a magazine, and is from the set 'Enchanted Christmas' made by Hot Off the Press.




Last one for today, is a cute skater, which is a digi stamp from Sweet 'n Sassy.  I downloaded the file, resized it, and printed it out on layering weight white card stock.  I coloured it with Copics, and mounted it on a die cut shape, then adhered it to the card which was covered with designer paper.  I fussy cut the two Christmas trees from more dp, added the sentiment and a snowflake.


Well, that is all from me for now!  I hope you like the range of cards I have been making for Christmas!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words, words and more words ...

Wonderful News

Something Shiny